Greenwood does not have the license to rehabilitate deer, elk, bears, mountain lions, or other large mammals. Please contact the Colorado Parks and Wildlife at (303) 291-7227.
A few instructions if you find a fawn…
If you encounter a fawn that appears to be separated from its mother, follow these general rules and guidelines when attempting to reunite them:
- DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE FAWN.
- Human and/or dog scents will NOT keep a doe from accepting the fawn.
- The fawn/doe bond is very strong. A fawn has a nursing cry to which a doe responds.
- You can also play sounds of a fawn calling for it’s mother from your smartphone to help attract the mother back to the baby.
- Keep people and pets away. If near a home, limit use of the area as much as possible.