(Most Important Care & Enrichment Team)
You cannot commit to the regular 5-hour shift per week and/or to the 6 months enrollment period required by our Animal Care department? Our MICE team provides more flexibility for volunteers ages 18 and older who want to donate their time to help the animals and the staff at Greenwood. MICE team members have no direct contact with the animals, but play an essential role in keeping our rehabilitation center running smoothly. There are some many rewarding ways to help! Cleaning animal cages/enclosures, doing food preparation, tackling landscaping work, assisting our Front Desk team, doing laundry, washing dishes, and ensuring the general cleanliness and organization of our facility are a few examples! MICE Team volunteers are normally scheduled from 10 am to 2 pm, any day of the week.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer at Greenwood.
- Be proficient in English and able to communicate clearly.
- Provide proof of up-to-date tetanus vaccination – required.
- Provide proof of pre-exposure rabies vaccination – optional (required to work in our rabies vector species areas).
- Commit to one regular 2 to 4 hour shift per week.
- Provide a $35 donation to help offset the cost of your volunteer shirt, nametag, and PPE. Replacement shirts are $10 each.
- Have reliable transportation to the center.
- Work in harmony with other volunteers, interns, and staff.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our MICE team? Fill out this application form now!
**Important** If you want to volunteer directly with Greenwood’s wild patients, please consult our Animal Care Volunteer page.
Questions? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator!
Did you know…
The out-of-pocket expenses (ex.: gas, rabies pre-exposure vaccination) related to doing volunteer work for Greenwood Wildlife are tax-deductible! Talk to a CPA to find out how.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.