Are you an animal lover? Are you a people person? Do you tend to be calm in the center of the storm? If so, Greenwood Wildlife’s front desk is looking for you. Animal Care Liaisons at Greenwood Wildlife work in a fast-paced environment with new challenges daily.
- Functions as Greenwood’s representative through communication with the public who bring in animals/call for assistance. Answers phones and responds to voicemail in a timely fashion.
- Educates the public on reuniting babies with parents, determining when animals need rehabilitation, temporary care requirements, and safe capture, containment, and transport of animals.
- Advises the public on humane solutions to wildlife conflicts and redirects them to additional resources as necessary.
- Greets the public and receives incoming animals. Requests donations from the public.
- Enters accurate information on incoming patients into the database; creates new charts for incoming patients.
- Oversees animal database to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains knowledge of local rehabilitators, Division of Wildlife, and Animal Control agencies.
- Coordinates transport volunteers or Animal Control agencies to pick up animals that cannot be delivered to Greenwood by the public.
- Assists licensed rehabilitators with animal releases and transferring of animals to other rehabilitators.
- Maintains the front lobby in a clean and organized fashion, making sure informational sheets, brochures, etc. are in good stock.
- Provides numbers and statistics to administrative and animal care staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
This is a paid, part-time, seasonal position. Working 16 – 32 hours per week is preferred. There are more than 10 shifts available (8:30 am – 4 pm).
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Alie, Front Desk Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org